Kansas Hunt Information
Where We Are Located
Elm Creek Outfitters is located in central Kansas – about 25 miles from the nearest store, so please arrive with all your desired supplies.
Commutes To Hunt
Our hunting commutes will range from 10 minutes to 90 minutes, depending on where the highest concentrations of birds are. They move daily throughout the hundreds of thousands of acres we have access to, but our guides scout for days before your arrival, ensuring we put you in place for a day full of action.
We offer a limited number of hunts each year. With our seemingly unlimited number of hunting locales, we don’t have to send groups of hunters to the same areas repeatedly. This keeps pressure off the birds, and allows repeat clients to hunt new areas.
We may be hunting out of layout blinds, A-frames, and occasionally laying out on backboards in whites amongst a field full of decoys. Some hunts will be laid back and easy to get to. Other days may require some physical exertion from our guests, but our guides will always be there to help and make it a rewarding hunt that you’ll want to do again.
Approximate Kansas Booking Dates December – January
Call for Availability!
Jeff Rosser 843-819-3647
Darrin Lenkner 620-770-2547
Booked Dates Pending Deposits
- 3 Day Hunt Minimum. 6 Men.
- You can bring up to 6 guns to fill your hunt. Additional hunters will be charged.
- Priced on a per day basis added to waterfowl as a combo. Check for availability.
- We offer afternoon pheasant/quail hunts upon request. You can add this to your waterfowl hunt. Please notify us before arrival so that we can plan accordingly. While we do have wild birds we do release birds to ensure plenty of shooting opportunity for our guest. If clients prefer to only chase wild birds we have additional areas where we can hunt.
INFORMATION YOU NEED
We accept cash, check, credit card and Paypal.
If using a credit card a convenience fee will be applied at 3%.
A 50% deposit (transferrable but non-refundable) due within 7 days of booking to hold dates. If your deposit is not received within 7 days of your booking date your requested hunt dates will be opened up to the next clients. Final payment is due upon arrival. You will also be asked to sign and return a release form with your deposit.
- Federal duck stamp Please make sure it's signed
- Migratory bird permit(hip)
- Non-resident licenses
- State waterfowl stamp for (Kansas)
It can be brutally cold and windy in Kansas. Please pack warm windproof/waterproof clothes.
Waterproof knee boots are a must to wear while on the hunt
Waders are optional but please check before arrival in case they are needed for your planned hunt.
Elm Creek Outfitters will have 12 gauge 3" #2s and BBs for sale to keep our clients from having to transport shells to and from camp.
If you decide to bring your own – we recommend 3" #2 shot for versatility on ducks and geese. Clients will likely be encountering both during their hunt. It's not uncommon to shoot a box or two per hunt so please plan on bringing approximately 6-8 boxes each.
A minimum of 1 hunt (occasionally two) per day. This may be a morning hunt or afternoon depending on current hunt options
Dinner will be served along with basic snacks.
We will be a Federal Bird Processing Facility starting this year. This means we can process your birds allowing you to take your birds home breasted out without a wing legally.
- We will breast out your birds for you at no charge. However, if you wish to leave a wing (no longer necessary for KS) on your birds for transportation there will be an additional charge of $4 per bird
- Birds may also be ground into hamburger meat for an additional charge of $2 a bird
- Shipping available at cost from local UPS store
- Foodbank donation available if you don't wish to take birds home.